Coastal Foothills, Condor Country, and the Central Valley - July 1st
Barn Owl #3
- This bird was roosting in the pine trees at a private residence.
Spotted Doves #4
- A life bird for all of us at a Bakersfield cemetery.
California Condor Observation Point #1
- We saw a few Condors from this point, but they were quite distant.
Holstein Dairy Cattle #2
- Ever hear of a "Red" Holstein dairy cow? A brief stop to see part of the 4000+ herd.
Sacred Datura Plant #1
- American Indians take this hallucinogenic plant to go on a Vision Quest to understand their place in the world.
Oil Pump-Jacks #1
- No birds at Maricopa in the heat of the day, but plenty of pump-jacks!
© THE OTTER SIDE