Cave Creek Ranch, Arizona - June 23rd to 25th
Varied Bunting #1
- This female popped up briefly at the Cave Creek Ranch feeding station.
Varied Bunting #2
- Another shot of this rather plain bird.
White-winged Dove #13
- A common bird at the feeders.
House Finch #7
- The feeders at Cave Creek Ranch draw a wide variety of birds...here a male House Finch...
House Finch #8
- ...followed by a female House Finch...
Lesser Goldfinch #26
- ...Lesser Goldfinches...
Black-headed Grosbeak #10
- ...a female Black-headed Grosbeak...
Black-headed Grosbeak #11
- ...a bright male Black-headed Grosbeak...
Black-headed Grosbeak #12
- ...and a dull male Black-headed Grosbeak.
Bridled Titmouse #8
- Bridled Titmouse put in a periodic appearance.
Black-chinned Hummingbird #14
- Black-chinned Hummingbirds were enjoying the sugar water feeders...
Blue-throated Hummingbird #13
- ...with one or two Blue-throated Hummingbirds...here a male...
Blue-throated Hummingbird #15
- ...and here a female...
Broad-billed Hummingbird #41
- A lone male Broad-billed Hummingbird also came in periodically...
Broad-billed Hummingbird #42
- ...here perched...
Broad-billed Hummingbird #46
- ...and here taking flight.
Black Phoebe #5
- This bird was always visible around the edges of the feeding area, hawking insects.
Whitetail Deer #20
- Not all the animals that are fed are birds!
© THE OTTER SIDE