Chiricahua Mountains, Arizona - June 26th
Smuggling Sign #2
- A somewhat daunting roadsign at the beginning of the transect road over the mountains!
- Small flocks are common along wooded edges.
Chiricahua Mountains Fire Damage #1
- Much of the forested areas have been devastated by recent fires...here a view along the road...
Chiricahua Mountains Fire Damage #2
- ...and here a barren canyon.
Northern (Red-shafted) Flicker #14
- But Woodpeckers were everywhere looking for insects under the bark of the bare trees! Here a Northern (Red-shafted) Flicker...
Hairy Woodpecker #5
- ...and here a Hairy Woodpecker.
American Robin #15
- American Robins were common throughout the mountains...here a young bird.
Grayneck Chipmunk #1
- Comments on the ID are welcome.
Chiricahua National Monument #2
- The weathered volcanic rock formations are spectacular.
Black-throated Gray Warbler #3
- In the stunted pines at the end of the road.
© THE OTTER SIDE