Lake Lopez State Park - July 7th to 9th
- Small flocks of Bushtits are common in the shrubbery of the park.
House Finch #9
- House Finches are common in the campgrounds and picnic areas.
Ash-throated Flycatcher #7
- A parent feeds a fledgling.
Red-tailed Hawk #19
- Scanning its domain from the top of a tree.
California Quail #6
- A very common bird in the campgrounds and along parking lot edges.
Western Scrub-Jay #17
- Also very common in the campgrounds and picnic areas.
Oak Titmouse #8
- Taking a break from foraging near a picnic table.
Acorn Woodpecker #10
- Another common bird of the park.
Wild Turkey #16
- Lake Lopez is known for its tame "Wild" Turkeys, which allow close approach for photography.
© THE OTTER SIDE