Foothills and Farms Near Lompoc, California - June 29th
Western Bluebird #27
- Always a treat to see.
Lazuli Bunting #1
- This stunning male flew around us until we were able to get good views...
Lazuli Bunting #3
- ...and even sang a little for us.
Blue Grosbeak #12
- This male Blue Grosbeak came in to see what all the fuss was while we watched the Bunting...
Golden Eagle #1
- ...and this Golden Eagle flew low overhead as well.
Red-tailed Hawk #17
- This dark-phase Red-tailed Hawk has been present in the area for several years.
Chestnut-backed Chickadee #6
- A local county park provided close views of typical Pacific coast birds...
Dark-eyed (Oregon) Junco #42
- ...here an "Oregon" Junco...
Bewick's Wren #3
- ...and here a Bewick's Wren.
Northern Pygmy-Owl #1
- Further up in the foothills, we managed to find this Northern Pygmy-Owl...
California Towhee #5
- ...and this much more common California Towhee.
Black-throated Gray Warbler #5
- Another park provided woodland species, such as this Black-throated Gray Warbler...
Western Wood-Pewee #4
- ...and this Western Wood-Pewee.
Nuttall's Woodpecker #8
- A nice male Nuttall's Woodpecker.
© THE OTTER SIDE