Mission Creek Park, California - June 29th
Brewer's Blackbird #1
- A bird of many habitats...here in a coastal park.
"Black" Brant #11
- This ratty-looking bird forgot to fly north at the end of the winter.
Snowy Egret #26
- This Snowy Egret was using its bill like a fishing lure to attract fish.
California Gull #1
- Summer is the time for young birds to be molting...
Heermann's Gull #2
- ...or showing off their new plumage...
Heermann's Gull #3
- ...while the adults take a break...
Western Gull #2
- ...or hang out in the pool.
Long-billed Curlew #12
- A few shorebirds hunt along the tidal pools, including a Long-billed Curlew...
- ...a Killdeer...
- ...and a "western" Willet.
Brother One-Feather #1
- Summer also brings out the local personalities...like Brother One-Feather...
Brother One-Feather's Van #1
- ...and his uniquely styled mode of transport.
© THE OTTER SIDE