Patagonia, Arizona - July 11th to 13th
Gray Hawk #1
- The Patagonia Rest Area can yield a wide variety of birds, such as this flyover Gray Hawk...
Thick-billed Kingbird #1
- ...or nesting Thick-billed Kingbird.
Thick-billed Kingbird #7
- The adult Kingbirds hunt from the treetops...
Thick-billed Kingbird #12
- ...making them easy to see.
- Another easy bird to find...here a male.
Lucy's Warbler #2
- A rather drab Warbler with a hint of color on the crown and rump.
Botteri's Sparrow #15
- Gardner Canyon Road, northwest of Sonoita, had many singing Botteri's Sparrows.
Botteri's Sparrow #14
- They were a little elusive at first, but a few hours yielded good photo opportunities.
Rufous-winged Sparrow #4
- This was the target bird for Gardner Canyon...I finally found this one in a tree...
Rufous-winged Sparrow #7
- ...where it posed...
Rufous-winged Sparrow #9
- ...for several photos.
Black-throated Sparrow #8
- There were also Black-throated Sparrows nesting along the road.
© THE OTTER SIDE