Gooseberry Falls and Two Harbors, Minnesota
- Gooseberry Falls State Park - the park gets its name from...
- Gooseberry #1 - ...the Gooseberry plant...
- Middle Gooseberry Falls - ...and three sets of waterfalls...here the Middle Falls
- Dandelion - usually considered a weed, the Dandelion is a beautiful plant if one takes the time to look at it
- Bluebell #2 - the flowers do look like tiny bells
- Bunchberry #1 - a typical forest edge plant
- Buttercup #2 - it is easy to see where this flower got its name
- Wild Dogwood #2 - a wild Dogwood with small bunches of flowers, rather than the showy flowers of typical ornamental Dogwoods
- Wild Rose #3 - an aggressive plant, here held in check by the other natural plants growing around it
- Wild Strawberry #2 - the "mother" of our domestic Strawberry plants
- Interrupted Fern #1 - the "Interrupted Fern" gets its name because the sexual organs (brown areas) occur in the middle of the "stem" rather than on the "leaves", giving it an "interrupted" look
- Lady Fern #2 - a more typical fern of the forest floor...comments on the ID are welcome
- "Yellowstone" Train Engine - designed to haul heavy loads of ore, the engine gets its name from the Yellowstone River area, where it was first deployed...this one was used to haul iron ore in northeastern Minnesota
- "Yellowstone" Train Engine - my friend, Fred, is almost 6 feet tall, so you can see what a massive train engine this is
Copyright © THE OTTER SIDE