Route 100 Resaca Amazon Kingfisher - November 9th
Amazon Kingfisher #14
- This female spent a lot of time perched in trees watching the fish below...
Amazon Kingfisher #17
- ...and would suddenly fly out, hover...
Amazon Kingfisher #3
- ...dive into the water...
Amazon Kingfisher #23
- ...with a big splash...
Amazon Kingfisher #24
- ...and sometimes catch a fish!
Amazon Kingfisher #8
- Sometimes it would fly around looking for another perch...
Amazon Kingfisher #13
- ...still flying...
Green Kingfisher #27
- ...this similar looking female Green Kingfisher came to the near end of the resaca and posed for a few minutes...pretending to be "THE" Kingfisher!
Sickle-winged Skipper #10
- This butterfly was working the willow blooms while we waited for the Amazon Kingfisher.
© THE OTTER SIDE