Boca Chica Beach - November 4th
Franklin's Gull #13
- There were about 20 Franklin's Gulls in the flock near the jetty...can you spot the lone Laughing Gull?
Franklin's Gull #14
- Here is a good comparison with the similar Laughing Gull...
Franklin's Gull #15
- ...and here a solitary portrait.
Forster's Tern #26
- Forster's Tern was by far the most numerous Tern...
Sandwich Tern #53
- ...with several Sandwich Terns...
Royal Tern #74
- ...and a few Royal Terns.
Snowy Egret #29
- A Snowy Egret landed on the jetty...
Snowy Egret #28
- ...and allowed a close up photo.
Ruddy Turnstone #28
- Several Ruddy Turnstones were scurrying around the rocks along the jetty.
Green Sea Turtle #5
- Green Sea Turtles were eating the algae/seaweed growing on the submerged rocks.
American Oystercatcher #42
- A drive south to the mouth of the Rio Grande River revealed this brown and white bird...
American Oystercatcher #43
- ...which eventually allowed close ups...here the knifelike bill used for opening shellfish...
American Oystercatcher #46
- ...and here running past the car.
Loggerhead Shrike #17
- On the way home I spotted this Loggerhead Shrike hunting from a fence wire.
© THE OTTER SIDE