La Sal Vieja Christmas Bird Count - December 20th
- Sandhill Cranes #27 - a large flock of Sandhill Cranes near the cattle pens had birds coming and going all day along...
- Sandhill Cranes #26 - ...here a pair prepares to land while hovering in the strong wind.
- Northern Mockingbird #31 - most birds fly up from the roadside when a car approaches...this bird stood its ground and posed for me
- Merlin #11 - late in the day this Merlin sat surveying the huge flocks of Blackbirds that are attracted to the cattle pens
- Loggerhead Shrike #18 - this Loggerhead Shrike was also very cooperative and allowed me to walk up to within 20 feet taking pictures
Copyright © THE OTTER SIDE