Route 48 Boat Launch and South Padre Island - August 22nd
Western Sandpiper #24
- On the flats at the Route 48 Boat Launch...almost finished molting into drab winter plumage...
Western Sandpiper #25
- ...but the slender shape, gentle curve, and fine point of the bill are useful field marks in any plumage.
Black-bellied Whistling-Duck #30
- A boardwalk railing at the Convention Center is the closest thing to a tree branch on much of South Padre Island.
Black-bellied Whistling-Duck #31
- A closer look at this beautifully "odd" duck...
Black-bellied Whistling-Duck #32
- ...and a final look.
Hibiscus Flower #1
- One of the many beautiful flowering plants at the SPI Convention Center gardens.
© THE OTTER SIDE