Canyonlands Trip - September 2011 Images:
Updated: Tuesday October 18, 2011
In September 2011 my wife and I took an old fashioned "driving vacation"
out to the Canyonlands of Colorado, Utah, and Arizona.
We visited Indian ruins and the breathtaking scenery of the many
National Parks and National Monuments concentrated in this geographic area.
Several State Parks were also included, along with a few specialty
locations highlighted below.
The map below shows the route we took and the major locations we visited:
Enjoy the beautiful scenery and majestic mountain vistas below
(along with a few birds and other animals)!
- Aztec Ruins National Monument - New Mexico
- Mesa Verde National Monument - Colorado
- Hovenweep and Canyonlands of the Ancients National Monuments - Utah
- Four Corners National Monument - New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona
- The "American Alps" - Ouray and Silverton - Colorado
- Arches National Monument
- Dead Horse Point State Park
- Mill Canyon Dinosaur Site
- Newspaper Rock National Historic Site
Mexican Hat, Utah:
- Monument Valley (Navajo Reservation Land)
- Valley of the Gods
- Goosenecks State Park
Grand Canyon, Arizona:
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Sunset Crater National Monument
- Meteor Crater Natural Monument
- "Get Your Kicks, on Route 66"
- "Standin' on a Corner in Winslow, Arizona - Such a Fine Sight to See!"
- Petrified Forest National Park (and the "Painted Desert")
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument
Plants and "Critters" We Saw on Our Trip:
- Plants, Bushes, Trees, etc.
- Reptiles and Amphibians
Copyright © THE OTTER SIDE